By watching this video lesson, you will learn how to finally stop forgetting English words. The 5 solutions given in this lesson will help you feel more confident when you learn new English vocabulary words.
5 REASONS & 5 SOLUTIONS
- Breakdown: When you learn a word, you don’t provide your brain with enough connections (visual, audible, and mental)
- Solution: Whenever you learn a new word, make sure to find 3 personal connections. In other words, you need to document…
- Where you learned it
- How it applies to your life
- When you can use it
- Breakdown: You aren’t learning words that are interesting to you (Remember that even in your own language there are certain words you like to use)
- Solution: Whenever you learn a new word, make sure to add it to a “database”. In other words, you need to add the word to a specific category based on your interests. (i.e. Food words, Art words, Exercise words, etc)
- Think about your interests
- Figure out which interest the word relates to
- Breakdown: You don’t use the words enough so that they can go into your permanent memory. In other words, if you don’t use them you will lose them
- Solution: Whenever you learn a new word, make sure to use it 3 times within the first 24 hours. In other words, you can…
- Use it in a comment under a video
- Explain the word to a friend
- Write a sentence about your day using it
- Breakdown: Sometimes you learn something else before you use what you already learned. This interferes with your brain’s ability to store and remember things.
- Solution: Whenever you learn a new word, make sure you understand it before adding new words. In other words, you need to make sure you…
- Understand the meaning
- Understand the usage
- Understand how to use it in your own life
- Breakdown: How to stop feeling stressed
- Solution: How to stop feeling stressed
- Change your focus – Focus on how the words will help you reach your goal. Don’t focus on failing.
- Take periodic breaks – This can help you relax and give your brain an opportunity to process the words you just learned
- Remember that people want to listen to you – The words you are learning will help others understand you more.
Dear Teacher Teffini,
Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate your work. I would love to join your academy but I have failed due to the payment options. I live in the Netherlands. I only use iDEAL system to order something online. So I don’t know any other way how to join you now. Please help if you have any tips because I’m very much convinced that you’re the only teacher who can help me improve my English.
I’ll be waiting for your reply.
Really I have gained a lot . god bless u
Your article helped me a lot, is there any more related content? Thanks!