By watching this video lesson, you will learn the tips you need to finally speak English fluently.
STUDY WITH ME
Be my Homie: Join this channel to get access to perks
Free English Newsletter: Receive English tips via email
English With Tiffani App: Improve your English with my English App
Daily English Vocabulary Newsletter: Take your vocabulary to the next level with these daily vocabulary lessons in your email inbox
Daily English Lessons Membership: Stop being stuck and finally go from the intermediate to the advanced English level with these daily English lessons
Speak English Like A Native Membership: Join this community and start speaking English more naturally
English Books & Resources: These resources will help you improve your vocabulary, sentence structures, interview skills, and much more
7 THINGS TO AVOID
- Avoid Using Google Translate Exclusively:
- Lack of Context: Google Translate may not provide accurate translations without context.
- Limited Vocabulary: It often gives you literal translations, which may not cover the full range of meanings.
- Incorrect Phrasing: It can produce sentences that sound unnatural to native speakers.
- Avoid translating word-for-word from your native language [Transliterating]:
- Contextual Meaning: Translating word for word may not convey the intended meaning in English.
- Awkward Phrasing: It often results in awkward and unnatural-sounding sentences.
- Difficulty in Comprehension: Native speakers may find it hard to understand transliterations.
- Avoid a Monotone Voice:
- Clarity: Using intonation and stress patterns helps convey your message clearly.
- Engagement: A varied tone keeps your listeners engaged in the conversation.
- Natural Sound: Native speakers use intonation to sound more natural; mimic this for fluency.
- Avoid the habit of Using the Same Words:
- Expressive Range: A varied vocabulary allows you to express ideas more precisely.
- Avoid Repetition: Using synonyms reduces redundancy in your speech and writing.
- Enhanced Communication: A diverse vocabulary makes your language more engaging.
- Avoid Speaking Too Quickly:
- Clarity: Speaking at a moderate pace ensures your words are clear and understood.
- Reduced Miscommunication: Slower speech reduces the chances of miscommunication.
- Confidence: Speaking slowly helps build confidence in your articulation.
- Avoid Memorizing Without Context:
- Meaningful Usage: Memorizing in context ensures you understand how and when to use words or phrases.
- Retention: Contextual learning aids in the long-term retention of vocabulary.
- Natural Fluency: Contextual knowledge leads to more natural and fluent conversations.
- Avoid Overthinking:
- Natural Flow: Overthinking can disrupt the natural flow of conversation.
- Increased Fluency: Relaxing and speaking without overthinking can lead to improved fluency.
- Reduced Anxiety: Overcoming overthinking reduces anxiety when speaking.