By watching this video lesson, you will learn 5 English slang terms that you will be able to use starting today.
STUDY WITH ME
Be my Homie: Join this channel to get access to perks
Free English Newsletter: Receive English tips via email
English With Tiffani App: Improve your English with my English App
Daily English Vocabulary Newsletter: Take your vocabulary to the next level with these daily vocabulary lessons in your email inbox
Daily English Lessons Membership: Stop being stuck and finally go from the intermediate to the advanced English level with these daily English lessons
Speak English Like A Native Membership: Join this community and start speaking English more naturally
English Books & Resources: These resources will help you improve your vocabulary, sentence structures, interview skills, and much more
5 Slang Terms
- Ghost – to disappear or stop communicating suddenly
- He ghosted me after our first date, I don’t know what happened.
- I asked him for his number but he just ghosted me.
- She’s been ghosting us all week. I hope everything is okay.
- Squad – a group of friends or associates
- My squad and I are planning a weekend trip next month.
- She always hangs out with her squad at the mall on weekends.
- I can always count on my squad to have my back.
- Salty – feeling upset or bitter about something
- He’s so salty that he didn’t get the promotion instead of me.
- She got salty when I beat her at the game.
- I was a little salty when they canceled our concert tickets.
- TBT – “Throwback Thursday,” sharing old photos or memories on social media
- Can’t believe how young we look in this TBT photo!
- I’m posting a TBT of our family vacation from years ago.
- She posted a TBT of her graduation day and got so many likes.
- Tea – gossip or juicy information
- Have you heard the tea about what really happened at the party?
- She always knows the latest tea on all our friends.
- Tell me the tea about what’s going on with her and him.