By watching this video lesson, you will learn five things that will help you speak English faster.
STUDY WITH ME
Free English Newsletter: Receive English tips via email
English With Tiffani App: Improve your English with my English App
Daily English Vocabulary Newsletter: Take your vocabulary to the next level with these daily vocabulary lessons in your email inbox
Daily English Lessons Membership: Stop being stuck and finally go from the intermediate to the advanced English level with these daily English lessons
Speak English Like A Native Membership: Join this community and start speaking English more naturally
English Books & Resources: These resources will help you improve your vocabulary, sentence structures, interview skills, and much more
- Meaning: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
- Sentence 1: The three men are accused of conspiracy.
- Sentence 2: I suspected that he was involved in the conspiracy.
- Sentence 3: At first, he was blissfully unaware of the conspiracy against him.
- Meaning: actions or activities that are morally bad.
- Most of us know that information sent over internet wires can be used by individuals with nefarious intent.
- In the end, she was successful in her efforts to beat the villains at their own nefarious game.
- I know the list of nefarious uses for the internet, but I’m not worried about them.
- Meaning: not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations.
- She turned in time to see Mrs. Watson’s skeptical look turn into a smile.
- His expression was skeptical.
- But over the last few years, I’ve become skeptical about the whole thing.
- Meaning: so extreme or intense as to prevent normal thought.
- I didn’t want to listen to any more of his mind-numbing speech.
- The whole experience was mind-numbing.
- The repetition was mind-numbing.
- Meaning: excessively prevalent or excessively happening often over a large area at a particular time.
- A great epidemic burst forth in that area.
- She was carried off by the epidemic.
- The threat of an epidemic caused great alarm and trepidation.
Friday: To no end [100 English Expressions Book #11]
- Meaning: To a great extent; very much
- Sentence 1: He talked and talked to no end. Storyblocks Link: https://www.storyblocks.com/video/stock/handheld-shot-of-smiling-talkative-caucasian-man-in-a-cafe-shop-346752886
- Sentence 2: My boss complains, to no end, about the company’s performance.Storyblocks Link: https://www.storyblocks.com/video/stock/mature-angry-screaming-boss-man-dissatisfied-by-employee-work-result-furious-businessman-harass-stressed-worker-in-bright-office-347106197
- Sentence 3: I love my kids to no end. Storyblocks Link: https://www.storyblocks.com/video/stock/happy-mom-and-daughter-child-using-mobile-phone-347162320