In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of appearance. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: cheerful and/or joyful celebration; pertaining to a festival.
- Sentence 1: Joan enjoyed celebrating her anniversary in a festive manner.
- Sentence 2: Already decorated for Christmas, the house looked very festive.
- Sentence 3: In spite of the sad occasion, Ellen wore festive attire for the funeral.
Meaning: a significant point in development
- Sentence 1: Graduating from college is an important milestone.
- Sentence 2: Each child must reach important milestones in their development.
- Sentence 3: The new technique was regarded as a milestone in the treatment of COVID-19.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
Leaps and bounds
Meaning: over and above expectations
- Sentence 1: Ean reached every childhood milestone. He was leaps and bounds above his classmates.
- Sentence 2: I feel so far ahead at work but the boss says I am not leaps and bounds ahead.
- Sentence 3: The business was doing really well and was earning money leaps and bounds above its competitors.
Over the hill
Meaning: old or past a person’s prime; past middle age
- Sentence 1: He used to be fast but now he’s over the hill.
- Sentence 2: After his 50th birthday, Bernie felt over the hill.
- Sentence 3: Once beautiful and enlightened, Susan was now over the hill.
You are the typle of the person who is really rare to find
So true!!!!! ????????????????????????????????????????
What is the difference between I go to school and I go to the school?
We shd not use articles for c common place ex: school ,hospital
Teacher you are amazing really
Thank you very much
Thank so much Teacher Tiff you are amazing as usual.
Fortunately ,I’m no longer having hard times pining down spoken english
This is incredible
I like the song that past before story time????
Thanks a lot.
You’re so amazing for me ,you have a kind of skill that I’ve ever found before and i learn a lot of word from you. Unfortunately I don’t find opportunity to learn with you I don’t what’s happened.hope you find my message.
Thanks, My teacher
hi teacher tiffany am ur new student and subscriber
I, m so happy to learn ander the teacher Tiffani because she has a good Pronunciation and also has time to enjoying with her story time it is good style
Teacher Tiffani, you are the best
I really love the way u teach
love u lots my chocolate teacher stay save
Yes i prefer
Thank you so much ????????