In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of computers and technology. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: A computer network where files and programs can be stored, especially on the internet.
- Sentence 1: All the photographs are kept on the cloud rather than on hard drives.
- Sentence 2: It’s a good idea to save it to the hard drive of your computer as well as to a jump drive and a cloud storage account.
- Sentence 3: Consider storing an electronic backup on cloud storage or on external media elsewhere.
Meaning: A structured set of data held in a computer, especially one that is accessible in various ways.
- Sentence 1: The national education database stores all information about student graduation statistics, school attendance, and testing data.
- Sentence 2: The library lists all books available on an electronic database that is easily accessed via Wi-Fi.
- Sentence 3: A comprehensive movie database lists every film ever made with statistics, actors, and other key information.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
Meaning: Someone who is very good or an expert in or enthusiastic about technology, especially computing.
- Sentence 1: Mark is a techie who enjoys coding.
- Sentence 2: To run a successful IT team, you need to be more than just a techie.
- Sentence 3: The latest innovation came from a bunch of young techies in the computer lab.
Meaning: Disconnect (an electrical device) in order to recharge mentally or emotionally.
- Sentence 1: I unplug every Saturday and turn off my notifications and work email.
- Sentence 2: Greg found it vital to unplug every evening during dinner with his family.
- Sentence 3: To encourage eye contact and reduce addiction, Kevin often unplugs from social media.
Good lesson Tiffa i try to run english in all ways .
The way u exlplain really i liked
Teacher can’t say how can i say
Good one! Thanks, teacher!
Such a great lesson
I love this channel but i like to speak english a lot
Tiffani, you are The Best.
This podcast is very good and I learned two new expressions that I didn´t know.
Thanks u so much u help me alot
This is my first lesson I’m hearing from you. In fact not enjoying, though i understand fully your lecture.
Good lesson Thiffani.
I don’t think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article. https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=V3MG69RO