In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of books. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: tending to draw favorable attention or interest
- Sentence 1: Edward’s conversation was engaging and kept my attention.
- Sentence 2: The girl had an enchanting and engaging smile.
- Sentence 3: The movie was not engaging. I fell asleep after ten minutes.
Meaning: A person who loves books
- Sentence 1: She was a bibliophile and had over 1,000 books in her home.
- Sentence 2: Frank was not a bibliophile and had no interest in reading books.
- Sentence 3: The library is a bibliophile’s favorite place to be.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
Meaning: A very good book or story
- Sentence 1: I love the novel by Stephen King. It is a real page-turner.
- Sentence 2: Dan struggled to finish the book because it wasn’t a page-turner and the storyline was slow.
- Sentence 3: Keenan wrote a book recently and although long, it is a complete page-turner.
Meaning: A person who loves to read
- Sentence 1: Susan is such a bookworm. She reads a new book each week.
- Sentence 2: He always had his nose in a book because he was a bookworm.
- Sentence 3: As a self-proclaimed bookworm, I enjoy science fiction books most of all.