In today’s lesson, you will learn how to study English based on a 3-Day study plan. This plan will help you speak English more fluently and sound more like a native English speaker.
DAY 1 | Listen (podcast about one topic) IN
- Part A: DECIDE
- First, decide which interest you want to focus on
- When you focus on something that you are interested in, you won’t get bored. This means that you will retain information a lot faster and for a longer period of time.
- Part B: FIND
- Second, find a podcast related to your interest
- Podcasts are a great way to hear natural English conversations between native English speakers about topics you are already interested in. This means that you will enjoy listening to the conversations.
- Part C: WRITE
- Third, write down 9 vocabulary words you don’t know
- During the podcast episode, you will hear new vocabulary words. As you hear the words, write them down. Then simply continue listening to the podcast episode. Don’t look up the words because you need to give your brain an opportunity to guess the meanings of the words. Basically, you will start learning the words in context.
- Part D: SEARCH
- Fourth, search for the meanings of each vocabulary word
- After you have finished listening to the episode, you can look up the words. This is because you will already have a good grasp of the content that was discussed during the episode. This will help you remember the words faster and make connections in your brain. But, don’t memorize the words yet.
DAY 2 | Learn the vocabulary by memorization IN (2)
- Part A: MEMORIZE
- First, memorize each of the vocabulary words & their definitions
- The goal is to make sure you know each vocabulary word like the back of your hand. So, on day 2, you need to focus and memorize each word well.
- Part B: TEST
- Second, test yourself to see if you know the words
- After you memorize the words, you need to verify that you actually know them. So, you can use flashcards, write out the definitions, or have someone quiz you. Cambly
DAY 3 | Use the words you learned → Social Media OUT (4)
(Use each word once – Video, Comment, and Personal Post)
- Part A: DIVIDE
- First, divide the words you chose by 3
- Today’s goal is to use the words in three different ways. So, you need to divide them equally first.
- Part B: RECORD
- Second, record a short video clip of you explaining 3 of the words
- When you teach something that you learned, you will remember it for a longer period of time. So, recording a video of yourself teaching 3 of the words will give you more confidence and help you remember them.
- Part C: COMMENT
- Third, comments under various videos or blog posts using 3 of the words
- Throughout your day, you need to find ways to use 3 of the words you learned. You can use 1 word per comment in order to practice what you learned.
- Part D: WRITE
- Fourth, write a personal post about your day using 3 of the words
- In order to remember words, you must use them in real life. Basically, you need to use the words to speak about your life. So, you will write one post using 3 of the words.