In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of childhood. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: a person who is under 18; lesser in importance, seriousness, or significance.
- Sentence 1: The movie was funny, but it was unfit for minors.
- Sentence 2: A minor should not smoke because smoking reduces physical growth.
- Sentence 3: The nightclub was shut down for selling alcohol to a minor.
Meaning: a child or young person
- Sentence 1: The kid got into trouble for painting on the walls of the church.
- Sentence 2: As soon as we got home, Jake went straight to bed. The poor kid was tired from a long day at school.
- Sentence 3: My sister is married to a kid named Mikey.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
New kid on the block
Meaning: Someone who is new to a place or organization
- Sentence 1: When I moved to New York at 7 years old, I was the new kid on the block.
- Sentence 2: Peter was the new kid on the block, he had only been with the company for 6 months.
- Sentence 3: Realizing I was the new kid on the block at work, I was determined to prove myself.
Wet behind the ears
Meaning: to be found inexperienced; having little to no experience.
- Sentence 1: Still a teenager, Tim was still wet behind the ears when it came to dating.
- Sentence 2: He is a nice young fellow but a bit wet behind the ears.
- Sentence 3: Sydelle was eight and excited about cooking her first meal, even though she was wet behind the ears.
hi tiffani me over here i thanks God for find a great teacher like you i can understand everything, from dominican republic blessings all the time my purpose is to get a high level category i follow you in your youtube channel.
I am a website designer. Recently, I am designing a website template about gate.io. The boss’s requirements are very strange, which makes me very difficult. I have consulted many websites, and later I discovered your blog, which is the style I hope to need. thank you very much. Would you allow me to use your blog style as a reference? thank you!