In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of cleanliness. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: Clean and fresh as new; spotless; unspoiled
- Sentence 1: I love visiting Fran. Her house is pristine.
- Sentence 2: When I get back home, I want the house clean. Make sure it’s pristine.
- Sentence 3: Gina would rather have an unclean house than one in pristine condition.
Meaning: Untidy or dirty
- Sentence 1: Margo’s house is so messy, I cannot fathom eating there.
- Sentence 2: His car is messy and has trash all over the seats
- Sentence 3: She hates a messy kitchen and makes sure to clean every night before bed.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
Meaning: To make (someone or something) look cleaner, neater, or more attractive
- Sentence 1: The party was at eight so Ian decided to spruce up before the guests arrived.
- Sentence 2: Alan had a big presentation at work but asked Cindy for help to spruce it up and make it more enticing for the viewers.
- Sentence 3: My hair was a mess but I made a quick appointment to spruce it up before my big date.
Meaning: An extremely dirty or untidy room or area
- Sentence 1: The children had toys all over the floor making the apartment look like a pigpen.
- Sentence 2: My car is a pigpen. I have old coffee mugs and candy wrappers everywhere.
- Sentence 3: As a mom, Elena did not allow her home to become a pigpen. Each night before bed, her children had to clean up their mess.
Very helpful !
Teacher Tiffany Academy english live.
How to get the link
amazing this my first time listening a podcasting
I love your classes, thank you for your assistance and I’m really grateful and delightful to be part of your class. you don’t even know how much important is what you do for us. god bless you
I really appreciate it
Hallo how are you.I really appreciate you.
Thank You so much, I learned Alot
WOW! You’re amazing teacher Tiffany. I really love your phrase, “Let’s jump right in”. Your class is easy to understand, memorize it, and to put it into practice!????
Congratulations, your class is very important
I like it
I couldn’t sign in anymore. In my Academy account
Let me discuese
I don’t know how to get the class
Tiffany I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart ! ❤ You’ re a fabulous teacher.
I’m sorry Tiffani for misspelled your name in a comment.
Gina would rather have an unclean house than one in pristine condition.
I’d like to point out a word have in this sentence. I suppose, instead of have, have to be has ( Gina).
Just wach your videos on youtoobe l was able to learn more than what l knew… you are perfect….