In today’s episode, you will learn new English vocabulary words and expressions related to the topic of communication. You will also hear tons of real-life stories that will help you understand the words and expressions more. This episode will give you the vocabulary and expressions you need to speak fluently in English about this topic.
TODAY’S ENGLISH RESOURCE
TODAY’S ENGLISH VOCABULARY
Meaning: The quality of being honest.
- Sentence 1: Honesty is the best policy.
- Sentence 2: Gary just received a promotion. His success is a combination of hard work and honesty.
- Sentence 3: Beatrice always tells the truth and is known for her honesty.
Meaning: Marked by exactness and accuracy of expression or detail.
- Sentence 1: Claire gave me clear and precise directions to her apartment.
- Sentence 2: The student tried to come up with the precise answer to the problem but was a few answers off.
- Sentence 3: Barry didn’t know the precise spelling of the word, so he took a guess.
TODAY’S ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS
In the loop
Meaning: Aware of information about a particular matter.
- Sentence 1: As his mother, Fran wanted to be in the loop for all educational decisions made on behalf of her son.
- Sentence 2: It is important to be in the loop with work-related decisions if you want to keep your job.
- Sentence 3: You can tell she’s in the loop. She always knows about policy decisions before the rest of us.
Long story short
Meaning: Used when you do not tell all the details:
- Sentence 1: Long story short, I got fired.
- Sentence 2: I got engaged last Wednesday, however, to make a long story short, my wedding will be on Friday.
- Sentence 3: To make a long story short, I will not be coming to work tomorrow.
Wonderful tips thanks teacher Tiffani
I want to speak fluently like natives