In today’s lesson, you will learn how to use the rehearsing method to finally speak English fluently. This 5-Day plan will help you speak English more fluently and sound more like a native English speaker.
5-Day Rehearsing Plan
Day 1 | Pick a topic & Organize your thoughts
- Pick 1 topic that interests you
- Using the 5Ws, write what you know about the topic – using a grid (It’s okay to look up words that you don’t know in the dictionary / Write 3 – 5 details for each W)
- Who : Who does this topic affect or relate to?
- What : What activities or experiences are connected to this topic?
- When : When is this topic relevant?
- Where : Where do events or activities related to this topic occur?
- Why : Why is this topic of interest to you?
Day 2 | Memorize your notes
- Memorize the information based on each column
Day 3 | Time yourself
- Goal #1 – 1 minute for each column
- Goal #2 – 45 seconds for each column
- Goal #3 – 30 seconds for each column
- Final Goal – All five columns in 3 minutes
Day 4 | Create questions and write advanced English sentences
- Create a question for each column
- Write your answer to the questions based on the information in each column
Day 5 | Practice your answers
- Create flashcards with the questions on one side and your answer on the other
- Test yourself and make sure you provide all of the information from the 5Ws
- [Fun challenge, give yourself 5 minutes to answer all of the questions]