The three most difficult sounds to pronounce in English

By watching this video lesson, you will learn how to finally improve your English pronunciation.

 

*ACADEMY STUDENTS ONLY*

[WATCH Part 2 & DOWNLOAD the lesson PDF. Join the Academy]


LESSON NOTES

F

  • Description
    • The “F” sound is a very common sound in the English language. It is made by placing the front teeth on the bottom lip.
  • Why it is hard
    • The “F” sound causes English learners a lot of stress. This is because the “F” sound requires speakers to control their bottom lip and top teeth at the same time.
  • Example Words
    • PRACTICE
    • LEFT
    • FIX
    • FIVE
    • FOUR
    • FRONT
    • FOREVER
    • FIRST
    • FOUND
    • TIP

W

  • Description
    • The “W” sound is a bit of a tricky sound in the English language. It is made by bringing all sides of the mouth in and then moving the lips up and down.
  • Why it is hard
    • The “W” sound almost seems impossible to make for some English learners. This is because the “W” sound requires speakers to contract almost 90% of their lower facial muscles, while at the same time controlling the movement of the other 10%.
  • Example Words
    • PRACTICE
    • WATER
    • WHERE
    • WISH
    • WANT
    • WEATHER
    • WITH
    • WHITE
    • WAIT
    • TIP

TH

  • Description
    • The “TH” sound is the hardest sound in the English language. It is made by placing your tongue through your teeth.
  • Why it is hard
    • The “TH” sound is incredibly difficult for the majority of English learners. This is because the “TH” sound requires speakers to move their tongue quickly in and out at the correct speed.
  • Example Words
    • PRACTICE
    • THERE
    • THE
    • THIS
    • THEREFORE
    • THAT
    • THEY
    • THANKS
    • THOUGHT
    • TIP

 

 

 

 


Subscribe
Notify of
guest

2 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Mostafa
Mostafa
3 years ago

This is the first time for me to watch this types of videos and it was an impressive one .

gate login
1 year ago

Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.

2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x

Discover more from Speak English with Tiffani

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading