By watching this video lesson, you will learn the solutions you need to improve your English.
*ACADEMY STUDENTS ONLY*
[WATCH Part 2 & DOWNLOAD the lesson PDF. Join the Academy]
Not being able to understand something you hear/see on TV
- You want to enjoy and understand real English. In other words, you don’t want your English to sound like “book English”.
- Get a notebook/journal
- Write down “Real English”
- Use pictures/sketches/notes
Seeing other students speak English better than you
- You admire their ability to speak English well, but you really want to speak English like them one day.
- Write 3 things you admire
- Write why you admire them
- Add them to your goals
Getting overwhelmed by the amount of English you have to learn
- Instead of focusing on the tasks you have to do for the day, you start to look at everything you must memorize & learn.
- Look at your long-term goals
- Divide them into 12 months
- Divide those into 4 weeks
You still feel nervous whenever you speak in English
- You actually still focus on what other people think about you. In other words, you think they might laugh at you.
- Find the root cause
- Analyze the situation
- Write some specific ideas
Discouraged when you make mistakes as you speak English
- You seek perfection but sometimes you forget the importance of the process.
- Record a short video clip
- Find your mistakes
- Correct your mistakes
Frustrated about always thinking in your own language
- You haven’t learned how to properly organize your thoughts & ideas in English.
- Practice the 5Ws rule
- Practice the 3 Details rule
- Practice the Example rule
Anxiety as you focus on a destination and not the journey
- You forgot the joy of learning something new and exploring everything about it…like a child.
- Figure out what you enjoy
- Write the experiences
- Write future experiences