In today’s episode, you will learn a series of vocabulary words that are connected to a specific topic. This lesson will help you improve your ability to speak English fluently about a specific topic. It will also help you feel more confident in your English abilities.
5 Vocabulary Words Related to the topic
1. Discrimination (noun): the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
- The organization fights against discrimination in all its forms.
- She filed a lawsuit against her employer for gender discrimination.
- The government implemented new policies to address racial discrimination.
2. Oppression (noun): prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
- The citizens protested against the political oppression they were experiencing.
- The book tells the story of the struggle against oppression.
- The film sheds light on the history of oppression in that country.
3. Injustice (noun): lack of fairness or justice.
- The lawyer fought for justice in the face of great injustice.
- The documentary exposes the injustices faced by marginalized communities.
- The organization advocates for the rights of those who have suffered injustice.
4. Censorship (noun): the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.
- The regime imposed strict censorship on the media.
- Artists and writers faced censorship for their work.
- The documentary explores the effects of censorship on freedom of expression.
5. Humanitarian (adjective): concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare.
- The organization provides humanitarian aid to those affected by natural disasters.
- The doctor dedicated her career to humanitarian work in developing countries.
- The international community must prioritize humanitarian efforts to alleviate suffering.
A Paragraph using the 5 vocabulary words
In today’s world, it is crucial to shed light on the prevalent issue of discrimination and the dire consequences it brings. The struggle against oppression and the fight for justice are at the forefront of the battle against social injustice. However, we must also address the insidious impact of censorship, which stifles freedom of expression and limits our ability to expose and confront these issues. In these times, it is imperative to embrace a humanitarian approach, seeking to promote human welfare and ensure the protection of fundamental rights for all. By acknowledging the existence of discrimination, oppression, injustice, censorship, and the need for humanitarian efforts, we can work towards a more equitable and inclusive society.
If you want to sign up for the free daily English vocabulary newsletter, go to