In this lesson, you will learn how to speak fluently in English and use the words and expressions used by native English speakers. This is episode 7 of the “Real Life English” series. By following this series, you will increase your confidence and your ability to answer questions in English without being nervous.
STUDY WITH ME
Free English Newsletter: Receive English tips via email
English With Tiffani App: Improve your English with my English App
Daily English Vocabulary Newsletter: Take your vocabulary to the next level with these daily vocabulary lessons in your email inbox
Daily English Lessons Membership: Stop being stuck and finally go from the intermediate to the advanced English level with these daily English lessons
Speak English Like A Native Membership: Join this community and start speaking English more naturally
English Books & Resources: These resources will help you improve your vocabulary, sentence structures, interview skills, and much more
Vocabulary / Expressions
- Thrilled (middle guy)
- Nippy (outside)
- Peppy (woman)
- Good-natured (guy on the right)
- Bare (tree)
Definitions, Example Sentences, and Patterns
- Definition: Extremely happy about something
- Example Sentence: I was thrilled that so many people turned up to the party.
- Sentence Pattern: “I was thrilled when _________________________.”
- Definition: (of the weather) Rather cold; chilly
- Example Sentence: It’s a bit nippy today.
- Sentence Pattern: “It will be nippy __________________________.”
- Definition: Having a lot of energy or activity
- Example Sentence: He’s been sleeping well for the last few days, so now he’s feeling peppy.
- Sentence Pattern: “___________ is always very peppy.”
- Definition: Pleasant or friendly; friendly and welcoming toward other people
- Example Sentence: The people I met were very good-natured.
- Sentence Pattern: “I heard that _____________ is a very good-natured person.”
- Definition: Without covering or clothing; naked; nude; (of a tree) having no leaves
- Example Sentence: The trees in our neighborhood are all bare.
- Sentence Pattern: “All the trees _______________ were bare.”
Quiz Questions [Fill-in-the-blank]
- Quiz Question: The trees in our neighborhood are all bare.
- Quiz Question: I was thrilled that so many people turned up to the party.
- Quiz Question: He’s been sleeping well for the last few days, so now he’s feeling peppy.
- Quiz Question: The people I met were very good-natured.
- Quiz Question: It’s a bit nippy today.