Sometimes, even after you study tons of English books, you still don’t feel like you sound like a native speaker. Well, in this lesson I will teach you 50 ways to respond – naturally – to 5 of the most common English questions. There are ten sample responses to 5 different English questions.
How are you?
- I’m fine thank you. How about yourself?
- No complaints. Everything is good.
- A little under the weather. But I’m okay.
- I’m good. How are you doing?
- All is well.
- I’m good thanks.
- Things are going well for me. Thank you for asking.
- Same old same old.
- Just fine thanks.
- Not too good. But I’ll be okay.
What’s the weather like?
- It’s a little nippy.
- It’s quite cold and windy.
- Kind of rainy, but not too cold.
- A little breezy.
- It’s freezing out there.
- It’s quite nice today.
- It’s very sunny.
- A little brisk. You may need a jacket.
- It’s kind of humid.
- Not too cold and not too hot. It’s perfect fall weather.
What do you do in your free time?
- I usually just relax.
- I don’t have any special hobbies. So I usually just chill at home.
- Personally, I like to sit down and enjoy the silence.
- I usually go to a coffee shop and read a book.
- I love sports, so I usually go out and play basketball with my friends.
- I’m a mom, so I don’t really have a lot of free time.
- In my free time I usually watch movies.
- These days, I usually go on a drive and think about my life.
- In my free time I write music.
- In my free time I usually talk on the phone to my friends.
How was your day?
- It was good thanks.
- Not too bad.
- Just like every other day. Nothing special.
- Pretty normal. Nothing climactic happened.
- It was amazing.
- It was really good. Thanks for asking.
- Mine was excellent. How about yours?
- Honestly, it was rough.
- Hard. I couldn’t wait for it to end.
- It was busy, but good.
Do you need help?
- No I’m okay thank you.
- No, I’m good. But thanks for asking.
- Sure! I would appreciate it.
- Oh yeah. Thanks so much.
- Yes please, if you don’t mind.
- Yes thank you.
- No, I think I got it.
- No, I think I can handle it.
- Oh, I appreciate the offer. But I think I got it.
- Oh, that’s so nice of you. I would love some help.